Re: what constitutes blues.

To me blues is the feeling I get knowing that after going to Maxwell St. for
over 30 years, listening to Chicago blues at the market, and learning to
play harp in "chop" sessions in the back lots behind Nate's Deli, it has
been paved over so that college kids can buy designer coffee.

I went there during the winter and took a photo of the last surviving
business on Maxwell. Ironically, it was a Jewish Tailor shop. As I was
getting back in my truck the only other person on the street (which was just
a big mess of a construction site) came up and asked me, in a French accent,
where Maxwell St. blues market was. I told him he was standing in it. He
couldn't believe it. He told me he was from Paris and that to his friends
back home the idea that this historic place would disappear was
inconceivable. What could I say? I gave him the address of the Checkerboard
and told him to go get a drink.

All I can say is thank God they saved Chess Studios before some idiot from
Schaumburg turned it into a condo.