Re: NY Reedsters...report! long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a message dated 4/2/03 9:49:08 AM, chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  For the first time we actually had a great backup Band with a real
Bassist, Drummer and Guitarist (Jon Scholle) from David Grismans band and
another great player that Wade will have to mention as his name escapes me.

William Galison even brought his own talented band with Madelline on Vox &
Gtr and a great female Accordionist.

We also had two Claviola players who performed a duet and Rick Epping gave us
a gorgeous mini concert on Concertina & Rack Harp......as well as a very
interesting demo of his ne "XB" harp....thank You so much Rick! >>

First I would like to thank everyone who came to the event...it was truly
special.
I want to thank above all Rob who did all the organizing and worked so very
hard and who's idea it was to begin with! Rob is a special man... as Bernard
said to me in elevator that night when we went to get the pizza... "how often
do you find someone who you can love and trust?" that's Rob...

Anyway, Howard was truly amazing and generous and thoughtful, Joe Filisko was
a total Menche, Rick Epping was a soulful as can be...and it was a great
privilege to host such an event and to get such people to come from such a
long way!!! poor randy Singer came from Florida, and despite his exhaustion
played sublimely! rather then continue the list of thanks you's that Rob has
already written so well I will identify some of the mystery guests:

The Claviola players are: Josh Camp & Mike Hearst, who together form the band
One ring Zero
which plays around town here in New York...Both of them worked with Rick down
at Hohner...Josh plays Claviola in my band when I can get him...they are
great guys and know from free reeds!

The mystery guitar player is none other then Matt Munisteri, my single
favorite guitar player in New York... and amazing swing/django style player,
he has a band Called Brock Mumford... if you ever have a chance, go see
them... they also have the great accordion player Will Holhoser in the band...
William Galison brought the magnificent Madeleine Peyroux who is a wonderful
singer and performer and who also played the guitar... and finally the
accordion player was none other then the lovely Rachelle Garniez,  who's is
not only a great accordionist, but also perhaps the best song writer and
singer in New York... she has an amazing band called Rachelle Garniez and the
fortunate few...
Anyway, once again my thanks to everyone who came, helped and played... and
an extra special thanks to Rob and Bernard!
~wade