Re: harp-l-digest V10 #130

Gee. Since we're defining ~what Blues Is~, and also
~what Country is~, - - - and also what, ~sarcasm,
irreverence and HIP is~, I was thinking: What is
~Existence~?

I mean this is Harp-L, right? We can't define ~tone~
or ~honk~, but we're raring to go on what, exactly,
~Blues~ is.

So, tell me, what's ~existence~? Did it come into
being before consciousness? Or was there something
conscious already and then existence plopped down next
to it?

And while we're at it: What's ~love~? Or ~light~ [for
that matter]; is it just the absence of darkness? I
mean, would it exist without eyeballs to be blinded
occasionaly by it?

Or ~Jazz~. That's the one I really want to understand.
Would that exist without lonely [non-musician] NY
cafe-goers who think listening to some junkie practice
scales is a special evening? I mean. I mean, what is
Jazz, really? It's more about diminishment rather than
augmentation, that much I figured out on 2 bottles of
Boones Farm my first summer in the Village but- - -

Or. How about, like, Lightening Bugs! How do they DO
that?

Cheers,
Robb