Tips on shipping a large amp?

I'm offering my Fender 59 Bassman RI for sale now and am wondering if any of
you can offer advice on (safely) packing and (affordably) shipping a large
amplifer. I'd like to do the packing myself to A] make sure it's done right
and B] save some dough (those Pack&Ship places can gouge you). Where do I
get a box that would fit it just right? How 'bout bubble wrap? Is USPS the
best way to go, or UPS or FedEx, etc.? Thanks.
MN