Re: what is the blues

<<  When I sit-in with a rock n' roll band or something besides the blues I
find
 myself searching for the correct notes that fit within that song, with blues
 the notes are already there and it relies more on my phrasing and
 expression. As far as it goes, this really was answered years ago. "BLUES IS
 A FELLING". Nothing is comparable to a good gig as a blues musician! >>

rock&roll is also a feeling.  jazz is a feeling.  country, reggae, even
hip-hop is afeeling.  that someone else doesn't feel it doesn't make it any
less so to those who are moved by it.
a country or heavy metal musician would surely get the same satisfaction from
her/his gig that a blues musician gets.
that you have trouble sitting in with bands other than blues means only that
you haven't spent the time to become at ease in those genres, or don't have
the desire to do so.  no reason why you should, if your goal is to play blues

steven j gatorman