"the" GIG LIST

  Here's why (I) think that the gig list is "bitc*in"

 Last night I got a chance to sit in with a band in Ft. Myers Fla.
If it were'nt for the gig list, I would have never known they were there.

 I arrived at a "road-house" which was out in the "wilds" of the
Caloosahatchee river to see the WILD WOODS BROS. BAND. The parking lot was
totally devoid of cars. There were 2 dozen pick-up trucks. I entered to a
crowd? of abt 70 customers (ALL in western garb).

 Within 2 "sets" the crowd had swollen to over 360 and the place was going
"nuts". Instead of being scared, I was confortable. The crowd was VERY
mannerly. IF someone bumped into you on the way to the men's room, they
said "excuse me SIR". Wow...Sir?

 Got to meet the harp-player "Brute Brutomezzo" who really cooks. His style
is rather "Black" and remiscent of Jr. Wells. He is also the best fiddle
player I have heard in YEARS. EVERY single musician was TOP-Drawer and
could have fit in at Nashville..no problem. The style of music was
something known as "Kick-A$$ Country"....really really HOT. Brutomezzo's
rendition of "The Devil Came Down To Georgia" would have surprised Charlie
Daniels

 The drummer was the best I have heard in 30 yrs and burned more calories
in a few hours than was necessary to sustain LIFE. The steel man was
superb. Guitar & Bass equally superb. I mused that these guys definitely
need LARGER VENUES.

 Did a couple numbers with them. WHAT a pleasure to play with guys who
really know what they are doing. It was as good as having "Barefoot Jerry"
as backup.

 NONE of this could have happened if it were'nt for the gig list. I left
in the wee hours from a parking lot (with over 100 pick-up trucks).

 In conclusion; THANX DANNY, thanx for the gig list..............smokey-joe