Re: Newbee Qs

> From: PL500@xxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:28:04 EST
> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Newbee Qs
>

> In a message dated 4/4/03 4:51:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> wbradley@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> david j. brown wrote:
>>

>>> Little Walter's first note in the harp solo in
>>> "I Just Want to Make love to You" is unbelievable.
>>>
>> That's the primal scream on harp, man.  Pure 100% unadulterated emotion.
>> Gives me chills just thinking about it.
OH YES! AND THE REST OF THE SOLO IS PERFECT TOO. AFTER THAT FIRST NOTE BLOWS
YOUR BRAINS OUT HE DOES WHAT A TRUE MASTER DOES: THROWS YOU OFF YOUR
EXPECTATIONS. HE DOESN'T PLAY A LOT OF NOTES TO IMPRESS. HE DOESN'T TAKE THE
CHEAP WAY OUT BY BLOWING ANOTHER FULL NOTE. INSTEAD, HE PULLS THE SOLO BACK.
HE PLAYS SIMPLE AND LETS THE SILENCE FILL THE MOOD.
THE ENGINEER WAS A GENIUS TOO. THE FIRST NOTE IS FORWARD INTHE MIX BUT THE
REST OF THE SOLO SOUNDS AS IF A GHOST IS PLAYING. LIKE IT IS A MILLION MILES
AWAY. THAT UNBELIEVABLE MIX IN THE STUDIO MADE THE WHOLE THING STUNNING.