Tips on shipping a large amp?

I have shipped lots of fairly large amps including Bassman using some variation
of the procedure below-
Remove power tubes and recto, wrap in bubble and secure to speaker or chassis
Put the amp in a large plastic bag
Cut some cardboard to the size of the speaker baffle and attach.
Clad the amp in corrogated cardboard carton material.  You can cut pieces of
several cartons to do this.
Find a carton that is heavy (preferably three ply) and provides at least 2 in
space for packing material on all sides.  If the carton is not heavy consider
reenforcing by putting additional pieces of cardboard inside.  A carton that is
too tall can be cut down.  Try music stores and big electronics stores.  Make
sure that the carton does not exceed the shippers max dimensions.
Packing material- use bubble wrap, foam peanuts or sheet foam from a home supply
store.  A big sheet of foam costs a few dollars and works well.
Make sure to put some packing material in the bottom of the carton before
putting in the amp.  Pack so that the carton yields slightly when firmly
compressed.  You can stand on an amp packed like this and not damage it.
Seal with lots of tape.
I have packed and received lots of amps and have never had a problem with a
properly packed amp shipped by UPS ground or Fed Ex ground.  In fact, most
poorly packed amps arrive OK.  I use the UPS customer counter service which
avoids cost gouging by packing shops etc.  I'd choose between UPS and Fed Ex
based on rates (from web site) and convenience of use.  A pick up service may be
offered by UPS or Fed Ex.  USPS seems to have higher rates to most places and
has more restrictive carton size limits.
UPS sometimes wants to inspect the packing, so you may want to delay sealing the
outside carton.
For very heavy amps it may be best to remove the chassis and or speakers and
ship them ship separately.   This is not needed for a Bassman size amp.

Jim R