Re: Puck It

From: "Timothy Castleman" <castlemancigars@xxxxxxxxx>

> I just got the Puck Harmonicas in C & G which are the only keys they come
in.
> My question is this with those two harps how many keys can I play with
them in
> different positions?

Hi Tim;
This is a loaded question.  If you use overblows, or partially valve the two
harps so that all notes bend, you can play all 12 keys on each harp.  If
you're a strictly 2nd position player, you can play G on the C and D on the
G.

If you're looking for "easy positions" using just natural notes and standard
bends (as I suspect is probably the case), positions 1 thru 6, and 12th
position are fairly easy.  for these two harps, the positions all overlap,
except that the C also has F (12th position) and the G also has F# (6th
position).

For the C harp, positions 1-6 and 12 respectively are C, G, D, A, E, B, F.
For the G, it's G, D, A, E, B, F#, C.  So - this gives you all the "natural"
keys, plus F#/Gb.

BTW some LIVE tunes by The IronMan Curtis BonTemps Blues Band:
http://www.billhouse.com/songs/ironman/WalkingToNewOrleans.mp3
http://www.billhouse.com/songs/YouAreSoBeautiful.mp3
http://www.billhouse.com/songs/ironman/PrettyWoman.mp3
http://www.billhouse.com/songs/StormyMonday.mp3
(and - hint hint - we're looking to tour)

Health care for blues musicians?  Sign the petition!
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/qd3d2222/petition.html

- -IronMan Mike Curtis http://www.ironmancurtis.com *Southland Blues Magazine
http://www.SouthlandBlues.com TU 8pm jam Starboard Attitude, Redondo pier
Santa Monica 3rd St Promenade, various times   Email my Cellphone
for specifics (130 chr's max-keep it SHORT) ironmanc@xxxxxxxxx