Re: Songs about the blues.

- --- Samuel Gravina <sgravina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ever notice that a lot of songs about the blues
> aren't blues.  I can't think
> of any now but I know I've heard a lot of them.
>
> If you go back in time a bit you will also notice
> a lot of songs from the
> early part of the century about rag-time music
> weren't rag-time music.
>
> Sam

Absolutely!

Here are some non-blues blues songs.

Blue Skies
Rhapsody in Blue
Blues for Allah
My Blue Heaven

Then there's those old rock bands disguised as
blues bands:

Blues Magoos
Moody Blues
Blue Oyster Cult

Accounted for some disapointing LP purchses in my
youth... thinking I was gonna get some blues.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens