Re: EV630 Wiring

>Anyone have any idea which terminal to connect for HiZ? Do I need all 4
>terms connected? Which woud be connected for LoZ? Hep me, hep me!! Any,
>and all, responses would be appreciated. No, it's not for sale.

Hi, I see nobody has answered so far, so in meantime I try to give you a
partial answer. Partial because I have an EV-630, but wired only as high
impedance, with a 3-pins Amphenol plug. So let's hope someone with the 4-pins
version will answer you soon.
Mine has two yellow wires coming from the tranny, that become red and black
after the switch. So a nice chance is that you can see a red and
a black wire. If this is happens, you should see, following its path, that
the black goes to the metal shell of the mic, since it's the earth. Red one
is the hot (tip of the 1/4" jack). What I know for sure is that you don't have to
connect the other two wires.
Now some more info: old Shure mics with 4-pins are wired as follow (the pins
are numbered on the plug): black on pin 1, red on pin 4.
If you are lucky, and can see those colors on those numbers, you've ended.
Otherwise, you need a ohm-meter, and measure the impedance from the earth (mic iron)
and all the other pins, and chose the higher.
This test can be done, BTW, also by... ear (plugging the mic into an amp).
The absence of the impedance selector is due to the fact that selection of impedance
is made by the correct choice of the cable leads connected to the mic.
As pointed, all this is... waiting for a more specific answer. Hope this helps, anyway.
Luca / VE / Italy