What is reggae?

If you want a practice tape to play along with, with a world class rhythm
section, I reccommend Bob Marley and the Wailers's Burning CD. For leads,
pay attention to the guitar and the keyboards. Everything is restrained,
cool, tasteful-the groove and the melody are emphasized.

For everyone that likes to play Sonny Terry rhythm harp, listen to the bass
and drums at the end of I Shot the Sherriff. Slow, simple, and a devilishly
hard beat to follow.The bass drum hits on the 3 only, luckily, otherwise I
lose count.

Listen to the back up singers, the I-Threes for some great ideas on
accompanying the singer. See if you can get a tenth of the soul into so few
notes.

A lot of the songs are in A and G. There's some nice minor stuff to practice
your third position playing.

Rainbow Jimy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals