Re: cheap harps?

Michael Carreira <michaelcarreira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
on Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:35:48 -0700 (PDT):

> Subject: cheap harps?
>

> i just got ok,d to teach a harmonica class with the
> kids i work with, i need a bunch of harps on a small
> budget.
>
> any advice on a cheap (like 5$) standard diatonic?

I bought a Suzuki Easy Rider (in C) for my 3-year old
nephew, primarily because it was bright red, and therefore
a sure hit with the lad.

But for $5 I thought it played well, responsive and in-tune,
much better than a Johnson Blues King (though for twice the money).
The money seems to have been saved on the comb and thin covers
rather than the reeds.

Cheers
Ric