Re; Cheap harps?

I'd concur about the Easy Reeder. A good value in the under $10
range, and the only one I've come across that didn't have problems
with leakiness, poor tuning or wildly inconsistent gapping.

Having said that, the other day in my local Chinese music shop I came
across some $1.99 C-harps that had translucent plastic covers and
comb, and actually played OK. Less volume than the Easy Reeder, but
decent. It looks cool and there's less possibility of a kid getting
cut by the edges of metal covers. Unfortunately, no brand name,
though the other harps the store stocks are Swan brand and this may
come from the same distributor.

Winslow

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Lister <ric@xxxx>