Shure A95UF transformer (was: Re: RE10 and low impedance)

I think this is the transformer that Don D. was referring to.  I have one
and it works very well.  The best feature is its high quality, but another
is its versatility.  The main unit (the transformer itself) has a female XLR
on the low impedance side and accepts screw-on connectors on the high
impedance side.  The unit comes with **two** screw-on connectors, one 1/4"
male and the other 1/4" female (this feature is mentioned on Shure's
website, see the link below).  You can thus locate the transformer where it
suits you: sticking out of your mic (and running a regular 1/4" to 1/4"
guitar cord to the amp), sticking out of your amp (running a regular XLR to
XLR mic cord between the mic and transformer), or on the floor right in
front of your amp (running a regular mic cord between the mic and
transformer and a short 1/4" to 1/4" patch cord from the transformer to the
amp).

George

M.N. wrote:

Anyone have any experience with the Shure A95UF Line Matching Transformer?
<www.shure.com/accessories/a95uf.asp> Looks like it might be a good one for
guys like me who get nervous about having a large transformer sticking out
of an amp (or Harp Commander). With the A95UF, it looks like you plug the
transformer into the mic, then just run a standard male-to-male guitar cord
from there to the amp, pre-amp or PA. Thoughts?