RE: Cheap harps

Hi Laurent

I've had several Easy Riders in Low D and not one had the stamina to last
through a single session without something going wrong.  And I regard myself
as a reasonably experienced player who can live very happily with Huangs,
Folk Masters, LOs, Big Rivers, Blues Harps and Special 20s, including my
favourite harp the S20 Low D.  And I can fix my harps and keep them in tune.
  OK I might have been unlucky or even cack-handed with the ERs but my point
was that a class of beginners is soon going to lay waste to a bunch of
relatively - how shall I put it - fragile harps!

Perhaps the higher-pitched Easy Riders are better.  Incidentally I've had
the same negative experience with Hohner's GLHs.  I think it's the same with
other so-called entry-level instruments such as the cheaper  violins and
guitars.  Reasonably in-tune, well-set up and easily playable instruments of
any kind come at a price.  Fortunately that price isn't as high for harp
players as it is for some others!

All the best

Steve.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger