Shure A95UF transformer

Howard Parks wrote:

I've been eyeing this too, but I think the XLR side of the Shure
transformer is a male connector <snip>

No, the A95UF transformer has a female XLR on the low impedance side.  You
can buy a transformer with a male XLR, but that's the A95U.

Here's a link to the one you would probably want:

http://www.shure.com/accessories/a95uf.asp?PN=Problem%20Solvers

Here's some text from the Shure website highlighting the difference between
the two:

A95UF:  Low- to high-impedance microphone transformer provides 24 dB of
voltage gain and may be used in reverse.
Balanced 3-pin XLR female input
Amphenol MC1M-type output connector with mating 1/4" jack and phone plug
adapters
U.S. User Net Price $42.17

A95U: Same as A95UF, but with 3-pin XLR male low-impedance connector.
U.S. User Net Price $38.47

George