SHURE BROTHERS MODEL 97U29 MIC

Can any of you microphone wizards tell me if the Shure
MODEL 97U29 MIC is always a toss up between
~controlled reluctance~ and ~controlled magnetic~
elements? I'm bidding on a couple of them at ebay and
they seem to go either way [once, even being sold as a
CM, but ended up being CR]. There must have been a
time, before which, all were called CR, no?

I'm also learning that there a couple models, from
certain years, which might have the letters, ~CR~ in
the name, but still be CM. Has anyone gotten this down
to a science? I don't want to drive up the price of
these mics [ala certain electrovoices], but I've
exhausted all resources [including all kinds of Shure
Brothers sites].

I'll understand if you don't want to make this a
public forum [I know I compete with a few of you for
these old ebay mics, :->], but the ~MODEL 97U29~ is
making me crazy [can have GREAT elements, or
pisspoor].

Thought I'd ask. Thanks,
Robb