Re: FP Review and others

  IF a person had been watching TV, seen movies, gone to live performances,
etc. one would have noticed/remembered that: EVERY time a "critic" (AND
let's face it-that's what they ARE) is mentioned OR figures into the story,
said critic(s) are ALWAYS painted in a
cynical/cutting/caustic/acetic/abrasive/obnoxious way.

  A. I don't understand why people STILL listen to or read anything coming
from these people.
  B. Art critics are a joke. What 89% of the people like, THEY don't like.
Then have the nerve to highly praise crap, (like all the Warhol trash)
  C. Music critics are "drones" who DON't have any expertise in the music
world. Most of them aren't even musicians. Those that are, are "Never-wasis"
  D. Sports critics are generally little "Pansy" types who WISH they could
have executed the "Play" they are criticizing.
  E. Boxing critics are ridiculous. Most of them wouldn't last a round with
the boxer they are "Hacking" on.

  This is nothing new. A long time ago, newspapers started hireing these
people as "Fill". (That's ALL they are). There was the food/restaurant
critic (who could ruin you with ONE review). There was the fashion critic
(usually some old HAG who didn't look good even when times were good).
There was the play critic (usually some "failed" actor type who wasn't
eating well enough to stay at it.) The balet critic (who had two left feet).

  It's unfortunate that these people have this power. WHO gives them this
power. I think it's time to stop listening to them.

  No reason to get upset though. As WE are very passionate about the
harmonica, we may be a little sensitive about it. Just consider the source.
If I could even qualify to carry Robt.'s "Ditty Bag", I wouldn't worry
about it too much, AS LONG AS THE CHECKS KEPT