Re: FP Review and others

In a message dated 4/12/03 1:53:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Diachrome@xxxxxxx writes:

> The other review was actually an obituary/bio about Bill Evans. He died a
> few
> months after his recording with Toots. The woman that wrote the
> article/obit
> gave mention of the musicians Evans recorded with in the past couple of
> years
> of his life but made no mention of his final recording with Toots, as if we
> were to forget that recording counted.
>

> Michael "Fathead" Easton

I own that Toots and Bill Evans CD. It is a wonderful album, and is right up
there  IMHO with with many of Bill Evan's other recordings (even the Scott
Lafaro ones). Evans was a seriously talented musician who I believe was
evenly matched with Toots on that recording. That CD is a great lesson on
melody and making your notes count. The fact that the reviewer forgets to
note that recording shows how patheticly small and infantile many those who
call themselves critics are. Critics are subjective and the fact that he
forgets to mention a stellar musical recording shows how relevant his
criticism is.

Andrew