RE: Apology (was Florida Philharmonic Review)

david j. brown wrote:
> Neil,
> You got me turned wrong on this. I was not, I repeat NOT, jumping on Mr.
> Bonfiglio. Maybe you missed the clues to the true intent of my response
but
> I did mention his great talent and a few other compliments that would
> indicate I wasn't angry (his response is pasted below).  I admit that I am
> not the most cultured person on the planet, but if I was angry I can
> guarantee you that I would have either been a lot scarier or just shut off
> the computer...

David, this, taken with your comment about Harp-L being your first "chat
line" explains much.  I gotta admit that I read and reread your curious post
to Robert B. and was unable to detect any clues revealing your stated "true
intent".  Since we are unable to see your "smirk and wink" and have to
interpret only what you write, I suggest that you use a few "smiley faces"
to embellish your writing.  A single, well-placed smiley face would have
completely defused your otherwise acidic comments directed toward Mr.
Bonfiglio.  Also, perhaps it might be more appropriate to get to know
someone a bit first ~before~ you level a personal attack upon them, even via
a "verbal punch in the ribs" thrown in jest.

At any rate, your apology is accepted at least by me.

Respectfully,

Michelle