Re: Hering Vintage Harp

Hi,

I picked up a couple of these sealed wood-combed
beauties about a week ago (an A and D harp) and
I've gotta say... they play GREAT right out of the
box.

The first thing I noticed about them (after
admiring the beautiful retro ~look~) was how
wonderfully responsive they are. They have the same
kind of ~jump~ of a well setup custom. Loud and
robust. I kid you not.

The next thing I noticed was how nice the chords
sound. I'm told they're tuned the same way as those
pre-WW II Marine Bands (totally Just).

I've not gigged with them yet and can't comment as
to their durabilty. I only hope they hold up as
good as they Sound.

All in all, I think Hering has come up with a real
winner, especially for a blues guy like myself.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- jaguire@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ...well as it turns out it didn't take long at
> all....the new " Hering 1923 Vintage Harp" has a
> nice sealed wood comb, a nice set of cover
> plates, and is set up to play right out of the
> box better than many "customized" harps i
> have bought over the years at a small fraction of
> the cost...19 bucks from our friends at Coast To
> Coast...and you get it in about a week. it's a
> helluva nice harp, it remains to be seen however
> wether or not the reeds crap out as fast as the
> other Hering harps do.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens