Daily Almanac - April 15

Our first harmonica-playing US President, Abraham Lincoln died on this day
in 1865.  Lincoln is reported to have played the harmonica at one of the
famed Lincoln-Douglass debates.

Blues guitar and harmonica player Frank Otis Frost was born on this day in
1936.  Frost grew up in the St. Louis area and got lessons on the harmonica
from Little Willie Foster and Sonny Boy Williamson II.  He worked with
Williamson during the 1950's and had a career that spanned from then until
his death in 1999.

Blues multi-instrumentalist Dewey Corley was died on this day in 1974.  he
began playing the harmonica as a child growing up in Arkansas and during the
course of his career he played and recorded with several of the great Jug
Bands during the 1930's and also as a solo artist.
For more about the life, career and recordings of Dewey Corley, please
visit:
http://www.eharmonica.net/dewy_corley.htm

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net