RE: Cheap harps

Steve Shaw wrote:

> I've checked the
>Suzuki site and yes, they are the ones!  I'm sure somebody out there will
>help me here... maybe they are no longer available in Low D but they
>definitely were at least up to several years ago

I'll back you up on that. I had an Easy Rider in Low D and I have to
say that it played remarkably well for the price. Around the same time
(three or four years ago?), I bought a bunch of Hohner Hot Metals (the
Chinese made version with the nickel plated covers, not the older
German ones with the red comb and black covers) in Low D (apparently
produced by accident when somebody misread the tuning charts). Several
of their reeds went south within a matter of minutes.

 -- Pat.