Daily Almanac - April 16

I have no events to report for today.

I recently recieved a new CD from list member Dov Hammer and it's a definite
keeper!  Dov hails from Tel Aviv and with his partner, guitarist CG Shorer,
he's created some very authentic and exciting Blues.  The two evenly mix
acoustic and electric styles, sometimes as a duo, sometimes with a full
band.  The mix works well.  CG and the other players are pros rivally
anything you'll find here in Chicago, they've obviously done their homework.
Dov Hammer is a master harmonica player who has listened to a lot of
different influences in developing his own technique.  A real stand-out on
this CD is the harmonica showcase, "Sugar, Sugar", sort of Deford Bailey
meeets Sonny Terry meets Magic Dick meets....well, it ends up being Hammer's
song.
The overall CD is a good listen and it's great to know that in the Middle
East the Blues is alive and well.
To contact Dov hammer, email:
drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net