Re: Harp Commander Questions

Hey Eric,

   you know, i've had the same questions as you (basically) for a while now.
i have a few suggestions that my push you closer to an answer:
1.) check out G.'s Amplified Harp page(
angelfire.com/music/harmonica/amplified.html), he has some sound samples
that'll help you hear the range of different textures you can get from an
H.C. (although, admittedly, with just one specific rig). of course, since
you have a friend who has one, you should be able to borrow it off him and
try it out yourself. but taking a look at G's site can't hurt.
2.) check out the archived posts on the H.C. from actual users. our own Mojo
Red (Ken in Colorado) wrote up a useful review back around March 18th or
19th. and
3.) call Ron Holmes, the designer (his website is holmeseng.com). i swear
he's one of the nicest people i've ever talked to and he's been around the
block quite a few times. he might be able to directly comment on your rig;
at the very least he'll be able to tell you more about what the H.C. will
do. also, remember he has a refund policy.
  lastly, if you do get one, please let the rest of the list know what you
think of it. innovations like Ron's deserve all the word of mouth they can
get (assuming the sucker works ;) and if it doesn't do anything for your
rig, then others in your shoes will be more cautious thanks to your
experience.

       --Jp

p.s. -- a quick thanks to the list, for helping me out with my playing in C
problem... Harp-l Rocks.