Kim Wilson

I have to agree that songwriting is a problem
for many blues acts, not just Wilson.  I thought
his playing was superb on his CDs, but I tend
to play them less than I would otherwise, because
the songs, generally, are not great.

Ironically, many times current blues acts sound better
covering classic tunes, because the songs are exceptional,
especially compared to their own originals.

I posted about Little Charlie recently.  A true exception.
There's a current group, with great original songs, and
fine musical talent.  I brought three couples to the show,
who had not heard anything by them before - everyone
bought a CD after the show - that has never happened
before with my friends.

Rich K