Re: Harp Songwriters

> But- - - Szlapczynski, Clint
> Hoover and Paul Reddick, as examples of superior song
> writing??? Can you give me an example of lyrics Slap
> wrote that even are intelligible through the song?
>
> Robb [just checking that we're all using the same
> currency]

You're right to check !

Songwriting isn't just lyrics (to me), and Slpaczynski and Hoover are great
songrwiters in the instrumental sense more than the lyrical sense. As for
Reddick, just listen to Rattlebag (the album). It's like no other blues
record out there, both lyrically and musically.

I was straying out the blues genre as well. The fact that a musician plays
harp or doesn't usually has little to do with the songs he writes. Th etruth
of the matter is, harp or no harp, I can count on the fingers of one hand
the new blues releases I've heard in the last five years that sounded not
just different, but sounded like their own. It so happens that Lee Sankey,
Paul deLay and Paul Reddick are in that list. The rest is sans harp.