From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Gatorharp@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 1:42 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What about song writing?

i'm finding situations where i thought i really liked a
song, but i'm actually digging the performance.  we do "pawnshop bound", a
song that i know many here think is great.  so did i.  my band does it as
close as a four piece band can get (or as close as ~we~ can get), but when i
listen to us, it's just seriously lacking...the rhythm section doesn't
swing,
we've got no horns, and i surely don't play harp as well as clarke did.  i
still enjoy listening to his version, but i think if it were a stronger
~song~, it would stand up to a certain amount of variation, and it doesn't
for me, right now.