Re: Songwriters

Andrew Wimhurst writes:

> My intention was to list a few people to disprove a > statement made on here
> that there aren't as many good blues songwriters > working today as there were
> in the 1950's, etc.

Perhaps it was Mr Alciere's statements that the above is a response to
but just in  case to clarify here's what I said and nothing in my quoted
post below implies or is meant to imply that there is a dearth of god
songwriting in the new millenium.  I don't much find it in the blues
genre but that is a function of taste and direction.  I'm fairly well
entranced by the alt country genre and spend most of my listening time
with that music.  Ian Collard is someone mentioned in the blues genre
that is making some very creative music these days, I'm sure there are
others.  I will say that blues and R&B through the 60's was much more
popular than it is now and that does play a role in the sheer numbers of
talented individuals actually engaged in its practise.  fjm