Re: What about song writing?

I'd like to add my view to this, that as far as I'm concerned, lyrics (or at
least their meaning) dont count towards what is a good song or otherwise.
For me, the whole point of using lyrics in songs is for their pitch, tone
and rhythm - I see vocal parts as merely another instrument in a band and
very rarely pay attention to the words themselves or their meaning. I dont
know why I think like this, but I always have - I guess it's down to my
cynical views and the fact that about 80% of lyrics written are cliched
nonsense!

I've had this discussion on many occasions and with many people - but I dont
think I've found anyone else who shares my views so I thought I'd try you
guys!!

Dave