Giving Thanks!

This weekend I hit a personal milestone and wanted to
thank a few of the folks on this list that helped make
it happen.

After years of casual playing I decided to get serious
four or five years ago, went out and bought David
Barretts book, started over again right from right
beginning and made sure I practiced every day. One
thing led to the next and this weekend a band I got
started had our first paying gig in a club. It was
such a gas.  I really enjoy playing harp, love and
respect the music, but had no idea when I started Id
end up on stage having such a great time.

A couple of the local pros that have been helping me
out stopped by and it was great to thank them on the
spot. I wish I could also thank folks from this list
personally.  So for everyone who puts in the extra
time to graciously answer all those questions,
maintain those great web sites, and running Harp-L,
thanks.  It really made a difference to me.

There are a lot of people who help make this a great
list, but Id especially like to thank Winslow Yerxa
for helping me understand theory, Don Destafano for
great advice on gear, Richard Hunter for advice in
lots of areas and maintaining such an interesting web
page, Keith Graham for the JT30 page, Mike Will for
the Diatonic Reference page, G. for the Harp On web
page and for the mysterious people behind the curtain
who help make this list happen.

Blowing with joy,

Bill H
http://search.yahoo.com