Re: what about song writing

I think the lyrics is as important as anything in a song! It actually tells
the story and the instruments is most of the expression (in my opinion). I
have written a pile of songs (probably over 50 I am fairly happy with). I
may not be as qualified as many, but I think lyrics are very important. And
I can see how musicians can over-look poor lyrics cause of the great
musicians in the band, but in most cases the normal audience isn't as
forgiving (unless there all harmonica players, then there listening to the
harp).

I personally don't like many instrumentals and feel ripped off if a cd has
more than 1-2 instrumentals. What's even worse is a CD that has 4-5 LOOOONG
instrumentals. Even James Cotton hires a singer!

Vince Cheney

The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
Winemaker's World - http://winemakersworld.com