Re: On harp instrumentals

And Lord like Richard Hunters music! I can appreciate just about any kind of
music. There are several instrumentals I really like but were not talking
about what I can appreciate! I can listen and respect instrumental CDs but I
do NOT enjoy listening to the albums FREQUENTLY! When I am in the mood for a
little background music I put in my Lee Oskar "So Much In Love" or
something, but in general I really LOVE blues music. Most instrumental blues
songs are nothing but simply a blues jam and after a while it seams to sound
like it's missing something. Hell I love Freddie King and most of his music
is instrumentals with only a verse or two of vocals, lol! I am a blues
musician but I'm a listener more than a musician. I am probably the only
person that can listen to a little walter CD and not pay any attention to
the harp part (I actually try to hear the whole band - the overall
projection of each song). This doesn't make me or anyone wrong (and no one
has called us wrong either), it's just taste.

Overall my taste for the blues (I know this is NOT a blues list):
I enjoy a song that tells a story. Certainly the instruments tell stories
but that's not where I am going.

I seam to pay very little attention to bands that are "one man shows". I
liked SRV, Buddy Guy, Snooky Prayor and most of the Gods but what touches my
heart is a band that does very little to create that big sound (less IS
more). I'm talking about being a small part of what's is actually going
on... but without you the band would fall apart. Nothing beats a small band
that is as tight as Dick Cheneys tie. Someone who knows when to back down! I
really like BAND music, not harp music. I can hear anyone show there ass
live, but I really like a well polished CD that seams to tell a story! But
often you have to give your guitar player 10 rounds to get the feeling out.
I am talking about music that I place in my player and can listen to every
day and not get tired of it! Some people can listen to Kenny G all day long,
not me!

Who can I listen to all day long?
Muddy Waters (even all the instrumentals)
Lightnin' Hopkins
Willie J. Foster (even all the instrumentals)
Nelsen Adelard (One of, if not the most talented harp-ler)
Charlie Musselwhite
Bradley Litwin
ZZ Hill
Blind Blake