Re: Pro Junior sighting

No reason to start this debate again on the list (but it has been several
years). I owned a Blues Jr when I was doing all my heavy gigging. My blues
band was doing every Friday and Saturday night in the delta for 6 straight
weeks. The gig was from 7:30 - 2:00.that leaves my amp on for 8 hours
counting soundcheck. After several weeks I was considering a few mods so I
carried the amp to my tech (also a Fender tech). He opened the amp and
simply showed me the black stained board. He showed how the heat was
traveling through the board and that as long as I am keeping my amp on for
more than 4-5 hours that it was unreliable. He claimed the heat travels
through the board much quicker than the old amps and the best thing to do is
buy a vintage amp. I ask him about all the reissues and he still insisted
that the only way out was a vintage amp. At rehearsal I leave my amp on for
about 8 hours every week and at gigs it stays on for 5-8 hours too
(depending on if I cut it off after sound check). Both of my old amps do NOT
have this problem.

I am NOT a tech guy! I am NOT willing to buy an amp and replace most of its
guts. After spending several hundred dollars more, I expect it to be more
reliable than an economy line 40 year old tube amp, lol. I guess I'm asking
to much. I am looking into these sprit and marble amps but it appears that I
can get a vintage 4-10 amp that sounds better for a lot less.

Vince Cheney

The Blues Site - http://thebluessite.com
Winemaker's World - http://winemakersworld.com