Re: Blues Jr or Pro Jr

Shane,
I've used a Blues Jr. for about 4 years.  This past January I got a Pro
Jr.  What a difference a 10" speaker makes.  It's an interesting
comparison because the two amps are the same circuit (with the addition
of reverb on the Blues Jr.).
I'm playing in a band competing with a Mesa Boogie .50 Caliber, so I
have a constant battle of playing loud enough to be heard while keeping
the feedback down.
With the Pro Jr., I get more volume off the bat with the 10" speaker,
because it's more resistant to feedback.  I was max at 4 to 5 on the
tubed down Blues Jr., 7 to 8 on the Pro Jr. before tubing down.  I also
find that the 10" speaker cuts through better playing with loud guitar,
bass and keyboards.  The sound is more defined and has more punch.  A
12" speaker is mushier.  The whole experience turned me into a bigot for
10" speakers.
Get a Pro Jr.  If you can, find a used original one with the alnico
speaker.  If you get one with a ceramic magnet, plan on replacing it
with an alnico speaker.  There's a big difference.
Don't worry about reverb.  Get yourself a DanEcho and get it modified by
Ron Holmes for $75.  He does some impedance matching which restores the
bottom end to crystal mics and he really cleans it up.
I really, really prefer the sound I have with the Pro Jr. and the
DanEcho way over a Blues Jr. with reverb.
That rig will give you incredible tone (and volume) at a very reasonable
price.
Hope this helps,
Russ