Re: Blues Jr or Pro Jr

Shane,I have a tweed Blues Jr. It sounded pretty good with the stock
speaker,but the tone was lacking character.I experimented with a few
different speakers and tubes.I found a 1966 Jensen Pro Series P12R,which is
made for commercial or industrial use according to the tag on it,and it's now
the best sounding small amp with a 12in. speaker I've heard.It must have
something to do with the commercial speaker because I tried some other
vintage Jensen's in it and they didn't sound anywhere near as good as the pro
series Jensen.If anyone reading this knows anything about the pro series
Jensen's,I'd love to know what's different about them.It really blew the
other Jensen's away as far as tone and volume go.It has great tone at any
volume,and it get's quite loud too,ask my wife!
            So Shane,if you ask me,I'd say get the Blues Jr. and you'll have
much more control over your tone and you'll have the reverb built in.The fat
switch is nice too if you like to drive it hard.You'll want to put in some
good NOS vintage US tubes,or some other good tubes.Try one out if you can
before you decide which to buy.Good luck........Dave