Re: Harmonica Instrumentals & Michel Herblin

> It's funny you mention self confidence about Michel Herblin because
> that's pretty much what he lacks the most ;)
> I mean, when you think about what this guy can do and when you see how
> little self esteem he has, it's kinda puzzling. I don't know how he was
> 10 years ago but I have a rough idea about how's like today. Would you
> agree Ben ?

He certainly doesn't strike as the most self confident player. However, he
remains artistically unique and has a sound to die for.

> Anyway, to answer your question: Michel doesn't have a "new album" out
> but he's selling some sort of home made CDs of stuff he recorded over
> the last 10 years. I only bought the first one (of 4 I think) wich I
> find quite impressive as usual and not too much covered of the syrupy
> stuff you mentioned.
>
> they can be ordered (10 Euros each) at:
>
> cd1 - Live recordings
> cd2 - As seen by Olivier Cosson (I have no idea what this is)
> cd3 - Some songs...
> cd4 - "Computer offloading"

For what it's worth, cd1 is the most interesting IMO. Very little synth
arrangements and some truely awesome tracks. The rest is barely listenable
(to my ears) because of the synth arrangements.

These homemade cds are supposed to finance the recording of a real cd, so we
can all hope we'll see that someday !

Ben FELTEN, Editor
www.planetharmonica.com