Re: Inspiration - compilation from J.J. Milteau

Just one wee comment on the 'Inspiration' compilation:

That's not Robert Lee McCoy playing harp on Lee Brown's "My Driving
Wheel" -- it's Rhythm Willie Hood.

I believe the first case of this performance being misidentified was
in an old version of Godrich & Dixon's discography -- and since G&D
was used as a resource by reissue labels, when the song was reissued
on a Yazoo comp years later, this wrong ID was perpetuated.

Up until 4 or 5 years ago, I too assumed it was McCoy (AKA Robert
Nighthawk in later years,) until Scott Dirks patiently and correctly
pointed out (right here on Harp-L BTW) that it was actually Rhythm
Willie.  I'm surprised to see yet another recent reissue has gotten
it wrong again, but it just illustrates how difficult it can be to
undue errors in research once they have been published...

Nevertheless it is a VERY impressive harp performance, and Mr Milteau
is to be commended for including it on this evidently very fine CD.

cheers to all,

Tom Ball
Santa Barbara
http://www.tomballkennysultan.com