Paul Butterfield East West

My band has been recording for the last year and we're gearing up to mix it
so I've been listening to different CDs to see how they're mixed and
produced. Since my band plays a blend of psychedelia and blues-rock, with
some jamming I figured I ought to get a copy of East West. This was always
one of my favorite recordings but I forgot just how great this CD is.

Already I can tell our CD will need serious editing. Butterfield leaves tons
of space-nice tasteful solos, simple, good clean arrangements, with some
real innovative soloing.

So when the band does mix the album, we'll A/B it with East West to see if
we can at least match the levels and the eq settings, since there's no
chance we can match the musicianship.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals