Re: Jimmy Zavala and The Wire

Larry Boy wrote:
> These are actually two subjects. I was listening to a CD by Diane Reeves
> Friday night. Great singer, jazzy R&B. She did a song called "Mista" that had
> a harp player named Jimmy Zavala. I was floored by his playing.
<snip>
> Does anyone know of him?

Jimmy played on the Eurythmics "Missionary Man" back in the 80s (released in
1986).  Haven't heard much from him, aside from the occasional session work.
He also plays saxaphone, you should be able to dig up some things on him on the
web.

then:
> Anyway, the theme song is a Tom Waits song performed by the Blind
> Boys of Alabama called "Devil in the Hole." It had a killer harp toward the
> end. I don't have any idea who it was. I'd like to find the song and who it
> was. Any ideas?

Charlie Musslewhite was the harp player on this record.

- -tim