Was Robert Johnson ever recorded in prison?

I have a question that I know somone out there in harp-l land will be able to answer.  I have a professor that kind of got in my face today because he said that Robert Johnson spent time in prison and that there is recordings that were made of him in prison.  I said to my professor that I had never heard of anything of the sort.
I looked at several biographies of Johnson, i have a documentary about Johnson and have the complete recordings of Johnson and have found nothing about him being in prison much less recording there.  Can someone plaese let me know if they have any information on this?

thanks in advance,
Roger Gonzales