Re: Was Robert Johnson ever recorded in prison?

Roger Gonzales asks about Robert Johnson being recorded in prison.

That's a new one on me. Robert Johnson is well-documented by now, and
you could probably browse through a couple of books in the
mega-book/record store if you have one nearby. Everything he did record
for Columbia has been treated like precious documents, and I'd be
surprised if he'd done prison recordings and they had been overlooked.
But then, I'm not a close follower of this line of research.

Might the good professor be thinking of Hudie Leadbetter (Leadbelly) or
maybe Booker (Bukka) White, or another of various blues musicians who
did serve time and were recorded by folklorists?

Winslow
http://search.yahoo.com