Re: Was Robert Johnson ever recorded in prison?

If you have the Complete Recordings, you have the complete recordings -
3 sessions in San Antonio and 2 sessions in Dallas.
I'll even go farther than the others and say he has to have his wires
crossed with Leadbelly.  There are a lot of well known Leadbelly songs
(like "Goodnite Irene") and his stuff was really big in the folk revival
of the 50s and 60s.  He couldn't seem to stay out of prison and was
recorded by John Lomax at Angola prison in Louisiana in the early 30s
for the Library of Congress.  After he got out of prison, he recorded
for Moe Asch at Folkways Records.
I think Bukka White is a bit too esoteric for somebody this clueless.
So, get right back in his face and say, "You're talking about Leadbelly,
you bozo!"
Just my $0.02.
- - Russ

Russ