Re: memphis blues again

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:03:48 -0400, Robert Paparozzi wrote:

>do be careful when "veering" off the main drag of Beale street
>after Sundown. Memphis can be VERY dangerous at Night, I've had a few close
>calls. I'm not trying to scare you, but just keep your eyes and ears open
>and don't walk alone down any side streets.

I think this is true of any city. Just be aware that while there are more cops than you can bend a reed at on Beale, Rob is correct when he points out that there
are a number of areas just off Beale where you wouldn't want to be late at night - especially if you aren't from there. Beale's much safer than in the old days, but
there's a reason that so many musicians carry a little something extra to keep them safe after the gig.

- --
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company
Peach Orchard, MO