Re: Lip Sores?

 > I occasionally get canker sores inside my mouth in reaction to
> excesses of asorbic acid, which is used as a preservative and a
> vitamin C suppliment in lots of things (like Gatorade) and occurs
> naturally in citrus fruit.  Those don't generally disturb my playing
> too much unless they occur near the lips or on the tongue.

If anyne is having problems with recurring canker sores try reducing the
amount of toothpase
you put on your toothbrush.  Most comercial toothpases have sodium laurel
sulfate which eats
away at the outer layer of the mucus membrane inside the mouth.   This makes
it
more likely that asorbic acid and other irritants will penetrate that outer
layer and cause an
eruption.  You can also try alternating between 3 different toothbrushes
which seems to
help as well.

Mark