Re: Concerning Canned Heat in Santa Clarita

Bob Laughlin wrote:
"I haven't tried the 545 yet, but it looks attractive, balanced in weight
and small enough to cup sufficiently, unlike the Bullet. Any comments on the
545, versus the others?"

============================

To my eye, Behrens is playing a 545S, basically the same as a 545 but with
an on-off switch and a "pistol grip." This is my main mic of choice. I found
mine in storage at a church and traded the music director an SM58 for it (he
was happy, I was DAMN happy). The 545S is dual impedance and for awhile I
used mine set to low-impedance but with a hi-lo converter. It sounded ok
like this, but when I had the mic opened up and converted internally to hi-z
(with a 1/4" plug added to the amp end of the cord), it became a beast of a
harp mic, extraordinary. I really like having the on/off switch, but I would
think any of 4-prong era 545 mics would be great for harp.
MN