Yahoo archives/read if you're curious

Tim Moyer asks

> Since coming back from SPAH I've had two of my posts to harp-l
> dropped by the Yahoo archives, one sent as a forward from the Yahoo
> reply interface, the other sent directly from my subscribed email
> address.
> One was my SPAH convention report.

> I noticed that a who harp-l-friends returns roughly twice as many
> subscribers as harp-l itself, so I suspect that a lot of people are
> missing
> any chance to see these dropped posts if they are relying (like myself)
> on the Yahoo interface.

> Anyone know what (if anything) we can do about that?

Several answers to that, one don't use bcc on a post you want to show up
on yahoo, it violates their posting policy and generates a bounce.  There
were 2 bounces for that reason in the last 24 hours.  Yahoo is not our
list, they're just doing us a favour hoping to sell some ads while they're
at it. The yahoo archives will end soon, last time I checked we were at
84% useage that goes up every day.  Once we hit 100% the archive has to be
abandoned.  Eventually it stops being accesible like the first one did.
We will have another archive soon.  It will not have the web posting
feature it had before.

Regarding the lists, regular harp-l is at 351 subscribers, friends is at
51.  51 is not twice as many as 351.  The vast majority of the addresses
subscribed to friends aren't posting off of yahoo, they're people who have
a different to and reply to address.  I know this because majordomo
doesn't easily allow you to subscribe and address you're not sending mail
from so I manually subscribed the vast majority of those 51 addresses.
I'm actually kind of surprised more people don't avail themselves of this
particular feature.  I've personally got 5 addresses subscribed to friends
and I'm not the only one so the statistic skews even further from yahoo
folks needing posting privileges.  Digest is the big list, 810 subscribers
but there at least 100 bad addresses in that list.  When we reconstructed
the list after the Garply fiasco we used an old who of the garply list and
it had many many bad addresses.  It has taken a very long time to
systematicly purge these addresses.  I'm pretty close and when I go for
the big purge I'll post a warning because it's inevitable that a good
address or two will get accidently unsubscribed.  Believe it or not I've
only unsubscribed two good addresses the entire time we've been at
harp-l.com.  So there it is everything you didn't need to know about the
inner workings of an internet mail list.