Re: Congrats Hoot & Spah! (convention report-long)

   Original message from Rob (Ole Blue Eyes) Paparozzi

>Thanks Again to Hoot & SPAH on a Winner!
>Here's to another 40 years!!!
>If you are serious about the Harmonica,  I implore you to join
>SPAH..............
>
>all the best........rob paparozzi

   I have to echo Rob's letter. And since he covered just about
everything all I can say is that who would have believed that a
little boy from Bensonhurst (N.Y.C.) would shine shoes on the Staten
Island Ferry, save his nickels & dimes and buy a harmonica only to
have it go down with the Andrea Doria.

   Many (TOO many) yrs go by and for his 41st birthday his wife buys
him a 64. Then in 1984 he meets Jerry Murad, they become friends, and
he winds up spending Tuesday evenings at Jerry's house with a bunch
of guys playing harmonica.....wow.

   So then he joins SPAH and starts going to the conventions starting
in 1989...bigger wow. Imagine playing harmonica with the best in the
world. Is there ANYTHING better?

   I don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't join. It's NOT like the
government. They don't draft you. They don't tax you without
representation. They give back. What a great deal.

   The people of SPAH: Does anyone realize just how lucky we are to
have people like Rob Paparozzi, Wm Galison, Joe Filisko, Dave Barrett
and oh so many more whose names are imbedded in my mind but I am
having a hard time coming up with. These people teach & teach and
give & give and they do it for NOTHING. Where else can you get this.
In this fast paced "make a buck" world, we are indeed fortunate (and
humble) to be able to share in their valuable time. Just MY 34 Lire's
worth

   Great job HOOT (YOU know who you are), Great job SPAH

   remember; harmonica is a love affair
             PEOPLE are the reason I'm in SPAH
             The PEOPLE keep me coming back.

   Joe (smokey-joe) Leone/Sergio Carlo Leone di San Marco,
Castigleone, Cosenza, It.

   P.S. Rob, we really missed you at the Jazz Cabaret