re: what to do when it's too loud

Glad to hear plugging ear filters.  I'v been playing publicly for =
thirty-three years, and had serious ringing in my ears, and loss of =
hearing.  I, also bought some filters for $100, this year.  I've taken =
feed hits in studios and on stage.  Please protect your ears.  My =
present band is moderately loud, and I found the nine decible filter =
works best for me.  The 25 cut too much sound for my ears.  These =
filters don't muffle the sound, they just reduse volume, without  =
cutting highs and lows.  I hope the young players heed our advice on =
this one.  Bullfrog